Known the world over as the land of opportunity, the United States of America boasts a rich and diverse culture, one of the strongest currencies in the world, and one of the most sought-after passports on the planet. Through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, investors can enjoy a host of exclusive benefits:
- No language skills required.
- No minimum education required.
- No business or managerial experience required.
- Investment capital can come from a gift, inheritance, business ownership or any other lawful activity.
- No obligation to live in the area of investment.
- The opportunity to live, work and study anywhere in the U.S. and benefit from lower tuition fees.
- Inclusion of dependent children under the age of 21.
To qualify for the program applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Show legal source of assets and funds.
The USA EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program comprises two investment options.
Creation of a New U.S. Enterprise
To be eligible for this investment option, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$1 million in a new commercial enterprise or US$500,000 if that enterprise is in a targeted commercial area, including rural areas or areas with unemployment of at least 150 percent that of the national average.
- Create full-time employment for at least 10 qualified U.S. workers who must be direct employees of the commercial enterprise.
- Actively manage the day-to-day activities and/or policy formulation of the enterprise.
Investment in a Regional Center
Regional centers are investment opportunities that have been preapproved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. To be eligible for this investment option, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$500,000.
- Create full-time employment for at least 10 qualified U.S. workers, where indirect employment is permitted.
- Active management of the enterprise is not required.