Purchasing a property in the South of Spain, whether to relocate permanently or to have a second home abroad, is a dream to many. Coastal areas by the Mediterranean offer a much more relaxed way of life, characterised by an unbeatable microclimate of warm summers, mild.
Set on buying a property on the Costa del Sol and ready to take action? Here are 10 questions to ask yourself about the property you are looking for:
- 1. What kind of property would you like to buy? i.e. an apartment, townhouse, penthouse or villa.
- 2. How many bedrooms would you like to have in your new property?
- 3. What type of area do you prefer? Are you looking for a beachfront property or a home in a more urban area, a quaint village or somewhere further into the countryside?
- 4. What is a realistic budget for you?
- 5. What style of property do you want to buy? Do you want a re-sale or a new-build property? i.e. a modern, contemporary villa, traditional Spanish villa or a refurbished apartment.
- 6. What features and amenities do you want? i.e. a swimming pool, outdoor balconies/terraces, sauna, fitness centre, jacuzzi, indoor parking etc.
- 7. What kind of views do you prefer? Countryside or sea views or both?
- 8. Do you want to live close to any specific local amenities such as health or medical centres, schools or urban areas with shops, bars, restaurants etc?
- 9. Will the property be intended for permanent relocation to the South of Spain or as a holiday home to be rented out during the rest of the year?
- 10. What else would make your property on the Costa del Sol your dream home?
winters and over 300 days of sunshine per year.