The kind of visa you need to enter the UAE depends on several factors such as your nationality, the purpose of your planned visit and its duration. Currently, citizens of 48 countries apart from the GCC nations, can get visa on arrival.
Citizens of the following countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 90 days:
- Citizens of the countries listed above can obtain a visa upon arrival for 90 days from the date of entry with their normal passports.
- It is not possible to extend this visa.
- Passports should be normal and valid for more than six months.
- The visa holder can use the 90-day visa upon arrival to be consumed within 180 days from first entry.
Citizens of the following countries do not require advance visa arrangements to enter the UAE and can obtain a visa upon arrival for 30 days with a 10-day grace period:
|Australia||Hong Kong||Monaco||South Korea|
|Brunei||Ireland||New Zealand||The Vatican|
|Canada||Japan||San Marino||United States|
- Hotels and tourist companies can apply on your behalf for a Service Visa (14 days), Tourist Visa (30 days) or a Visit Visa (90 days).
- Airlines and airline handlers can apply on behalf of their crew members for a 96-hour Transit Visa.
- Other organizations based in the UAE may only apply for Visit Visas and Service Visas.
- Individuals (relatives or friends) who are UAE residents may, subject to guidelines, also apply on your behalf for a Visit Visa.
If you are coming here to work, you will require a visa that can be obtained on your behalf by your employer or sponsor.