If you need an Visa for Portugal Citizenship or Residencial Permit, this post will be good guide for you. The Golden Visa Programme launched by the Portuguese Authorities is a fast track for foreign investors from non-EU countries to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal.
Under the Golden Visa programme, non-EU citizens simply need to carry out one of the investments set out in the law to qualify to obtain a residency permit in Portugal. This residency permit will allow the investor and his family members to enter and/or live in Portugal and to travel freely within the vast majority of European countries (Schengen space).
Aimed at attracting foreign investment to Portugal, the Golden Visa is a very straightforward and flexible programme, with simple and clear legal requirements. With extremely reduced minimum stay requirements, the Golden Visa is clearly one of the most attractive residency programs for investors in the world.
The Way You Invest For Golden Visa
The Golden Visa programme was recently widened to include further types of investment. As a result, the following types of investment now qualify for the Golden Visa programme:
a) Property Investments:
1. Acquisition of property above € 500,000;
2. Acquisition of property above € 350,000 – for properties more than 30 years old or located in areas of urban renovation.
b) Capital Investments:
1. Transfer of Funds above € 1,000,000;
2. Transfer of Funds above € 350,000 for research activities;
3. Transfer of Funds above € 250,000 for artistic or cultural activities;
4. Transfer of Funds above € 500,000 for capitalization of small and medium size companies.
c) Job creation:
Creation of a minimum of 10 jobs;